From the book: “My Stroke of Insight” by Jill Bolte Taylo, Chapter 16.
- It’s all about right here, right now, the richness of the moment, filled with gratitude for my life and every one in it.
- It smiles a lot and is extremely friendly.
- Compassionate, nurturing and eternally optimistic
- It observes without judgment. No judgment of good/bad or right/wrong.
- It is sensitive to non-verbal communication, and accurately decodes emotion.
- It is your intuition and higher consciousness.
- Highly creative: thinks out of the box. Not limited by the rules of regulations set by the left mind.
- Free, not bogged by the past or fearful of what the future may bring or not bring.
- Thinks in images/pictures.
- Looks at the big picture and how things relate to each other.
- The Extreme Right Mind: seldom connect to a common reality and spend most of our time with head in the clouds.
- Preoccupied with details and runs your life on a tight schedule.
- The more serious side.
- It defines boundaries and judges everything as right/wrong or good/bad.
- Responsible for transforming all the information and possibilities into something manageable.
- It is what you use to communicate to the external world.
- Thinks in language and speaks to you constantly.
- Your organizer: has the ability to organize, categorize, describe, judge and critically analyze everything.
- Has the ability to multitask.
- Identifies patterns.
- Processes large volumes of information (much faster that that the right mind).
- The storyteller: brilliant at making up stories, filling the blanks where there are gaps in data and generating alternative scenarios.
- Genius at generating What-if possibilities and drawing conclusions.
- Your ego center.
- Your critical analytical mind.
- The Extreme Left Mind: exhibits extremely rigid thinking patterns that are analytically critical.